Saturday, September 13, 2008

My first week in Primary went...well, from my point of view!

So, Sunday I had my first music time in Primary. The first part of music time I introduced myself to the kids. I thought it would be a good idea since they don't really know who I am. So, I brought a bunch of things I thought represented me. First there was the picture from Christmas of my family, Kim holding Jeremy, Elliot, a picture I took of the Salt Lake Temple, Mom Dad Spencer and I in Guatemala, Rose, and the cutest picture of Cameron and Olivia holding hands walking down the street (it's one of those multi-picture frames). My Anne of Green Gables Doll, my Jim Shore Lighthouse, a picture of Alison and I in front of the Carston Alberta Temple, my Navuoo brick, and my diploma. I told the kids how I like to travel, my education, about my family and friends, about my mission, and how I love lighthouses. They really like the stuff I brought. They asked a few questions and made a few comments. I was a lot of fun! I asked the kids questions and the one who got it right got to choose a song to sing. I have been trying to figure out what songs the children know for the primary presentation. It would seem that we have a lot of work to do. And about a month and a half to work on them! I am excited to work with them and hopefully everything works out! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Adriane said...

Let me know what songs Kevin and Shaylee need to learn and we'll practice at home. Good luck tomorrow.

April said...

Good Luck!! You will be fantastic at this. Our primary had their presentatin today, sooo cute and they did a great job. Have fun!!! kids are so incredible to work with.

adrienne said...

If you have that pic of Cameron and Olivia on your computer, would you mind e-mailing it to me? I would love to see it! Thanks!

Jaymesmom said...

Don't forget that parents expect that there will be times their kids aren't singing b/c they aren't payig attention!! Everyone always loves the program and it always goes well. I think that there *might* be a little help from above! :)

Anonymous said...

You'll be great in Primary--I should know, I'm the president in my Primary!! :) I would have you anyday, want to visit??

We are gearing up for our Program too, one in 2 weeks and another in November--yep, we have two! I have nearly 200 kids in my Primary--too many for the stand, so we have to split them up. Crazy, huh?

Kiren