Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Well, I'm moved in...just not unpacked!

Let me just tell you how much I hate packing and moving.... I HATE PACKING AND MOVING!!!! I hate when you get to the end of packing most of your stuff and you are stuck with all the small things that don't technically have a place! Then you have a box or two or three of things that are just thrown haphazardly into whatever box! I find that if I think something is important and I will need it soon, I put it in my "Bathroom" box. I promise you that is the first one I unpack!! But then I find that there is a ton of extra things in my "Bathroom" box and NO one should have that much stuff in their "Bathroom" box! Or at least that is what I have been told as of late...

I am extremely grateful to my friends, namely Adriane, and to the Elders Quorum and High Priest Group who came and helped me out! And of course the calls of motivation EVERY day from one Kate Liechty, since she wouldn't get on a plane to come down and help me out! (Just kidding Kate you know I love you anyway!) I could not have done it with out all of you! Literally I could NOT have done it by myself. I would still be trying to shove my mattress in to the back of the KIA. And I'm sorry but a queen size bed DOES NOT fit in the back of a KIA Sportage!! So, again, THANK YOU!!

So, you maybe looking at the title of this post and thinking to yourself "Amanda, why haven't you unpacked yet? You should have done it all at once, then it would be all done now!" Well, in response to you query......the room that I am most recently a resident of will be getting a new coat, well at least one, of paint while I am way for the holidays. I figured why unpack so that the Blake's have to move everything so that they can paint so that either I or they have to put everything back where it was! I figured this was the best excuse to get out of unpacking my stuff since I was utterly exhausted, and to be completely honest, I still am exhausted. The past two weeks have been jam packed with important things to do.

I SOOOOO need a vacation! I am sooooo glad that tomorrow I am going on vacation!!! It will be a World Wind Christmas Break! This is the first time since probably before my mission that I am taking off for more than 3ish days for Christmas. This year I am gone for 12 days! I will be in Denver from the 24-26th. Then on the 26th we are going to Utah from the 26-29th. On the 29th we are going to Island Park, Idaho to Aunt Maxine and Uncle Gail cabin to go SNOWMOBILING from the 29-Jan 1st. Then on the 1st we are heading back to Denver, where I remain from the 1-4th. And finally, on the 4th of Jan, I am heading back here to Midland.....to face the task of unpacking on my stuff!!! YAY, not! (that not only applies to the not part of that statement!)

So, in a nut shell, that is my experience this last weekend! And I am glad that the majority of the move is done. By the time I get back after the Holidays I will have the energy to attack the unpacking portion of these blessed affair!

1 comment:

Adriane said...

I am so disappointed in you. It's been almost 4 months!

why is my word verification Humbo?