Monday, June 20, 2011

Phone and Father's Day

My phone died last week! I was a tad bit annoyed at the time. My touch screen stopped working, I could recieve texts but I couldn't read or respond to them. I could compose a text but I couldn't choose a contact so it could be sent. When it came down to it I could answer an incoming call...that's it. Kinda lame, if I won't to just answer a phone I would have a landline!
My wonderful Mother came to my rescue and offered to let me have her old phone. Being unemployed I really could not refuse the offer. And why would I want to my Mom had a cooler phone than me! All it took was a quick trip to the AT&T store down the road and now I have a slightly used and much appreciated iPhone 3G. Dad says I'm an iPhone addict. I'm not really, I'm just trying to figure it out how to use the phone..... In all actuality he is the addict and is in denial! He takes his iPhone 4 EVERYWHERE. Love you, Dad! I have found some very useful Apps: LDS Tools, Gospel Library, MyFitnessPal, Flixter, Pandora to name a few. How did I live without this little peice of technology for so long! It is a necessity! Satuday I babysat for a family in the ward. I had never been to their home. I just went to LDS Tool found them in the ward directory, which provided me with their address and map! How easy! Then I used Gospel Library at church on Sunday. It was the first Sunday in a really long time that I had my manual for Relief Society(I ALWAYS forget it!)
FATHER'S DAY!!!
This was probably the 3rd time since 1994 that I was with my Dad for Father's Day. I had a lot of fun getting things ready to celebrate this year. I found some cute ideas for a banner, cupcakes, and glass soda bottles @ www.amandaparkerandfamily.blogspot.com This is how mine turned out:
The banner in the kitchen.
IBC Cream Soda.
These were for cupcakes but we had cheesecake!

1 comment:

Delcie said...

I'm so jealous! I want an iphone! Even a used one! I'm glad your having fun with it! I love your father's day decor! You are such a sweet daughter to your daddy!