Thursday, August 6, 2009

All Things Austen....Oh I am in HEAVEN!!

"My idea of good company is the company of clever, well-informed people who have a great deal of conversation." Jane Austen, 1775-1817

Many of you may know that I LOVE Jane Austen! But you may NOT know that I am addicted to all things Austen. I recently read "Austenland" by Shannon Hale. It is a good quick read and if you haven't read it check it out! As I read the book I started to see some things in myself that the main character, Jane, was dealt with. I love the leading men in all of Austen's novels, Fitzwilliam Darcy(who really is Collin Firth!), George Knightley, Frederick Wentworth, Edward Ferrars top my list. I watched a movie a couple of weeks ago called Lost in Austen. It has a similar feel to Austenland except that the main character, Amanda Price-a modern girl, switches places with Elizabeth Bennett. So this was an extremely long winded tangent to get me to THIS.... Well, today I decided to be ahead of the curve and come up with my ideas for Singing time for Primary on Sunday. I was checking out http://www.sugardoodle.net/ and found some ideas for handouts for Visiting Teaching this month. While looking at one of the website, http://emmasplacetobe.blogspot.com/2009/07/august-visiting-teaching-message.html, I was soooo easily distracted by Emma's sites I like when I saw Jane Austen Today, http://janitesonthejames.blogspot.com. If you are a Jane Austen fan this website is a must see! It has some really fun items on it.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I really like Austenland. It was one of my favorite reads last year. I've seen part of Lost in Austen on PBS but haven't been able to find the rest of it. Is it on dvd? I also agree with your list of Austen men, though I would put Captain Wentworth ahead of Mr. Knightley (just slightly ahead--it might be a tie). :)